Honey can be defined as a natural sweetener. Honey generally produced from honey bees. Honey is nothing but nectar taken from flowers. Honey can be used as home medicine. It has similar properties to sugar. It consists of glucose & fructose. Honey gives a good flavor to recipes. It can be used in many food preparations such as baking & medicines also. Honey’s flavor changes depending upon the different sources of the nectar. Honey can be defined as hygroscopic. Hygroscopic means it can absorb water. It has a religious importance.
For an illustration, Hindus generally want to use honey in temples. In past days Jews also used honey. It is better not to give honey to infant babies because honey sometimes contains bacteria. These harmful bacteria sometimes can produce toxins in the intestines, it causes severe sickness. So it is better not to give honey to infant babies. Honey gives relief from many health problems.
Read More Common Weight Loss Mistakes.
Some Benefits of Honey:
Honey provides good energy as well as good taste. It provides good strength & stamina to the human beings body. Honey is useful in improving the function of physical activities such as exercises. Honey is helpful in increasing tolerance and lessens tiredness. Sportsmen generally use honey always. Honey contains fructose which is natural sugar. It offers good energy to the body. It is better to take a tablespoon of honey along with warm water or tea. It refreshes & gives good strength & energy to the body.
Strengthens Immune System
It strengths immune power in the body because honey consists of good antibacterial characteristics. It is helpful to fight against inflammations, infections & consequent diseases.
Honey is helpful in healing many sicknesses.
1. Honey consists of medicinal characteristics. It is better to apply honey on burns, wounds & cuts to cure them quickly.
2. Honey consists of antimicrobial characteristics. Honey can be used as a medicine at home. Honey can cure throat problems. It is better to mix up honey with lemon & warm water. It avoids throat problems, especially it is better for singers.
3. Honey is a good medicine for insomnia. The people who suffer from insomnia can consume one tablespoon of honey along with one glass of milk. It enhances good sleep & it refreshes the body.
4. Honey gives relief from hangovers. It is very advantageous for a liver. It cleanses the alcohol residue from liver and makes it healthy.
5. Taking honey with lemon. Lemon is an old-fashioned that can useful in losing weight. Honey is a good substitute for a sugar it can be used instead of sugars. It gives natural sweetness to recipes & we can digest it easily. Honey consists of amino acids & minerals. It is useful to improve body metabolisms. Honey plays a key role in metabolisms of fats. Honey takes out the additional kilos by peeling the fat deposits & utilizing these as energy resources.
6. Honey consists of several medicinal values. Because of this property, in Ayurveda they use honey. A spoon full of honey combining with lukewarm water and with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon is an effective medicine in curing sinuses & colds. Honey with black pepper & ginger is used to reduce a cough & sore throat. Mixing up a tablespoon of honey with holy basil leaves cures a severe cold especially in kids.
7. Honey is useful in reducing dehydration of the skin. Because of its moisturizing property, it can be applied on skins to reduce dehydration of skins. Honey mixed up with milk can be applied to the face. It is useful in smoothing & rejuvenating the skin.
8. Honey consists of rich antioxidants which throw out the free radicals from human beings body. Honey consists of anti-cancerous property. It is useful to prevent cancers.Honey consists of several medicinal properties. It can be used as diet as well as a remedy because of its medicinal properties. Really it is good for health.